PDA

View Full Version : GSW T Shirt, Questions

Z
04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
It's a work in progress.

A secretary at work is doing this for me. I think she's done a fantastic job so far, but here's the problem...

She's TRYING to put a ZJ and a WK in there, but she's having a tough time of it. An alternative would be to increase the size of the WJ. So, if you own a ZJ or a WK, would you NOT buy this Tshirt because it didn't have your model year in the design?

Also, I love this design so much I may consider creating posters. Anyone else interested in this?

http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/TShirt.jpg

BigDaveZJ
04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't you think John's head will get a little big if he's only Jeep on the shirt?!?!?

JohnBoulderCO
04-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Don't you think John's head will get a little big if he's only Jeep on the shirt?!?!?

What are you talking about? David and Ryan have Red WJ's.

BigDaveZJ
04-20-2007, 11:41 PM
What are you talking about? David and Ryan have Red WJ's.

I guess you're right, the pic just looked a like your rig, but in red.

So spill it Tom, who's is it??

And I'd still buy a couple shirts even if it doesn't have a ZJ on there.

JohnBoulderCO
04-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Dave, just tweaking you a bit.:D Tom, it is a cool pic, I like it!

OverkillZJ
04-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm probably not even going... and hell, i'd buy one anyway.

It's a grand slam, you can only fit so many rigs on one shirt...

Cue-Ball
04-21-2007, 01:42 AM
I won't be there either but I still want a shirt regardless of what it looks like.

Will you still be using the sponsors logos on the back of the shirt?

Cody
04-21-2007, 04:09 AM
not to be different, but I'm not a huge fan of shirts with huge screened artwork on them. I like simple shirts with atrtwork that isn't enormous and won't crack the first time you wash it.

Z
04-21-2007, 08:22 AM
So spill it Tom, who's is it??

I really don't know who's it is, I just picked one from a GSW photo thread. I do know its a pic of a WJ traversing the Golden Crack.

Will you still be using the sponsors logos on the back of the shirt?
Yes.

not to be different, but I'm not a huge fan of shirts with huge screened artwork on them. I like simple shirts with atrtwork that isn't enormous and won't crack the first time you wash it.
Cody, I know what you mean about cracked shirts, however I think T Shirt printing technology has changed. NONE of the GSW T shirts I've washed in 9 years has ever cracked. I understand your desire for a simpler design - this is the last year I'll be responsible for the design - if you want a simpler design for 2008, you can take over that responsiblity! (I can still get it printed if you need me to)

jsteves
04-21-2007, 10:55 AM
With that bumper, on the crack, it has to be John's.

DJJordache
04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I won't be there either but I still want a shirt regardless of what it looks like.
wait...so even if we can't go we can still buy a shirt? Put me down for one then also!

Cody
04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not being critical of the job you do on the shirt Tom, I think you do a fantastic job every year and it's probably only fair that someone else spearhead that next year since you spend a ton of time already working onthe rego site.

ArloGuthroJeep
04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Here just put my Jeep on there and call it done!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/sharpie1k/arlosjeepsmall.jpg

Z
04-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Here just put my Jeep on there and call it done!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/sharpie1k/arlosjeepsmall.jpg

Sorry, it doesn't work that way, I'm dealing with an artist! She was having problems drawing a Jeep (it wasn't in her current skill set). I suggested she just trace the shots that I had given her. She was very distressed that I would even suggest such a thing!

Z
04-21-2007, 01:13 PM
wait...so even if we can't go we can still buy a shirt? Put me down for one then also!
I don't have a separate order-only page on the web site, only registered people can order T Shirts. However, if you want to order a shirt, register yourself and then cancel - you'll still be able to order shirts. I mail shirts to non-participants after the event (I usually pick up the shirts the day before leaving for GSW, so no time so send beforehand).

ArloGuthroJeep
04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry, it doesn't work that way, I'm dealing with an artist! She was having problems drawing a Jeep (it wasn't in her current skill set). I suggested she just trace the shots that I had given her. She was very distressed that I would even suggest such a thing!

Wait a second...I was guaranteed that my Jeep was going to be the only Jeep on the t-shirt! You're telling me it isn't now?!?!?:finga:

PassRunnerZJ
04-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I would like to see all three models on the Tshirt, see attachement for idea. They don't have to be as large as the WJ, but it would still be good to have them. No, I'm not a graphic person, just did it for proof of concept. However, I would still get shirts even if it only had a WJ on it and the WJ was larger. Can the tires get some more tread definition?

Another thought is to put the lizard looking forward through the buttes with feet over each butte and the tail wrapping around.

Matt
04-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I would also like atleast a ZJ on there. But I'm not picky. :D

Z
04-21-2007, 06:36 PM
I would like to see all three models on the Tshirt, see attachement for idea. They don't have to be as large as the WJ, but it would still be good to have them. No, I'm not a graphic person, just did it for proof of concept. However, I would still get shirts even if it only had a WJ on it and the WJ was larger. Can the tires get some more tread definition?

Another thought is to put the lizard looking forward through the buttes with feet over each butte and the tail wrapping around.

Todd - I've already given the volunteer artist a shot of a ZJ and a shot of a WK to include in the drawing, but if she doesn't feel compelled to finish the work, I can't really force her. It has taken her 2 months to get to this stage and she only has another month, so I'm really trying to determine what is acceptable to the group. (The lizard will stay as is, that's her idea and I don't want to mess with an artists creation).

I will try to get a little definition into the tires.

Although it doesn't seem like it, I do appreciate the ideas. Its just that when you rely on others to do work that you can't, you really have to determine what to push for and what is impossible.

(She told me she'll be working on adding the other two Jeeps this weekend, I just need to know how hard to push if she doesn't follow through)

wheelnzj
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
I'd have to agree with Cody! I think we should keep the front of the shirt simple and something small.

quote=Cody;140405]not to be different, but I'm not a huge fan of shirts with huge screened artwork on them. I like simple shirts with atrtwork that isn't enormous and won't crack the first time you wash it.[/quote]

Z
04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd have to agree with Cody! I think we should keep the front of the shirt simple and something small.

Same answer as I gave Cody. T Shirt designs take me 3-4 months of cajoling, reminding and refining with the actual artist. I'm in the refining stage of the artwork now. I don't have the 3-4 months it would take to start a new, simpler design. So, don't expect a simpler design for 2007. If you want a simpler design for 2008, volunteer to create it and either design yourself or find an artist that you can work with.

(Cody - thanks for the props. The real reason this is my last year desiging the T Shirt is that my ideas are getting kinda stale. Its time to get some fresh ideas from somone else.)

Sandy R
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
The real reason this is my last year desiging the T Shirt is that my ideas are getting kinda stale. Its time to get some fresh ideas from somone else.)

Totally disagree! The shirts have been original year-after-year going back to 1999 when you did the first GSW t-shirt. You ask for ideas and input 6 + months in advance of every GSW. If you want to unload some responsibility I don't blame you one bit because you already carry the lion's share every year, but don't try saying it's because you've run out of ideas or somehow don't do a great job.

Texas ZJ1
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Here's another view:

PassRunnerZJ
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
So Hunter, it looks like you are going to have to cut the top off your rig this year so you can fit your head in it:D

Tom, I'm good with what ever you, er, your helper gets done. By the way, all the graphics people I've worked with really produce well with complements about the work they've done so far, but I'm sure your doing that.

Maybe you could have her leave the center blank and include a note with each t-shirt, "Insert your iron on photo here". Just kidding.

Z
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Alright, I beat the designer up until she agreed to put all 3 models in there (just kidding). She's done a great job. The WJ will be bigger (it really needs to be), the ZJ and WK will be smaller and more in the background).

I'll put the new version up when its available.

PassRunnerZJ
04-25-2007, 07:03 PM
That's cool! I know that Hunter will be disapointed, but his Red colored ZJ would just clash with the earth tones anyway...

Texas ZJ1
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I was actually trying to make it smaller and my photoshop skills bringeth the suck.

Hunter