PDA

View Full Version : Moab 4/13 and 14 *Pics now included*

jsteves
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Ran Kane Creek on Friday and Metal Masher on Sat. and had a blast!

Kane Creek has become increasingly difficult over the last several years, I was surprised by how much the last climb out of the canyon has erroded, there will be some rock stacking there at GSW for sure. One of my favorite trails just becuase of the crazy mix of terrain.

Metal Masher was awesome! Lots of fun optional slick rock to play on! We did Rock Chucker with no issues what so ever! But decided not to try Widowmaker as the winch point up top was busted and we weren't sure if we would be able to back down once we started up. I will say it has been dug out a lot in the last several years. No carnage the whole trip until playing around on Mother-in-law hill. Coming up it I hit a one of the ledges too hard and bent a rim enough to completly loose the bead, so we had a tire to change.

Passed up our chance for a night run up Pritchett to Rocker Knocker and back due to the fact my spare is damn near bald, so only got to run two of the three trails set up to run but had an awesome time!

Edit: Pics of Kane Creek and first part of MM...Pics of Rock Chucker below.

JohnBoulderCO
04-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Sounds like fun! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Question: The rim you bent, was it an Aluminum or Steel rim?

jsteves
04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Aluminum...it was on the front right and I didn't realize how tall the ledge was and hit it way too hard...would have been fine if I had crawled it.

jsteves
04-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2093194036

Matt
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice pictures!

Looks like the weather ending up working out great!

9 more days!!! :D

jsteves
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
The weather was awesome! No bad weather getting there, temps between 65 and 70 both days.

Edit...and a couple pics of Rock Chucker

JohnBoulderCO
04-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice! Up and over.
Hmmm, you could push that rear axle back a tad and slap on some 37's. Me bad.:)