PDA

View Full Version : DansZJ Easter Safari Pics

DansZJ
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Saw the other photos, and thought I'd add mine. I can't post photos directly yet, but maybe someone else can help me out with that.
This was my first time to EJS and it was a hell of a trip. Definitely worth the time and money and to go. Met some really cool people, and saw some of the most amazing rigs I've seen.
I got to watch the buggies at Helldorado on Tuesday. This was cool as we got to see and meet Walker Evans.

I may be forgetting some details here, but we drove Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, Onion Creek, Kokepelli, Rose Garden, and finally The Pickle and some canyon trail down to a mine that I forgot the name of. The mine was not found at the end of the trail as we thought it may have been buried or ???
I have 31"s, 3.5" lift, and open diffs front and rear. I did pretty good until the pickle where I had to be winched up the first obstacle "The Slab" (no bypass) and the last obstacle "The Wishbone" that had a bypass but I chose to go for it and had to be pulled over the last ledge.
Other than blown stock bushings in the upper control arms and candy-striped rear drive shaft that I'll have to replace, my ZJ held up pretty well. I can't wait to get back for GSW!

Here's a link to the photos I shot at Easter Jeep. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/DansZJ

Skyline
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Great pics. It's really a beautiful area!

Tommy
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Upper Helldorado was cool. We sat there on thursday and watched some people go threw. We saw the old walker buggy climb the waterfall with no winch. The was cool. Upper Heldorado is one I want to try next year. Knowing me I will manage to fuck up my ZJ really good, especially in the squeeze. I think it is the second obstacle where it is offcamber to the drivers side and there is a shitload of paint on the rock.

FearTheDentist
04-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice pics! Did you have a chance to run with that green FJ? I saw a writeup on it somewhere or another, looked like they did an amazing job, would like to see it in action.

Sudz
04-10-2007, 08:23 PM
great shots, thanks for sharing...

DansZJ
04-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Thanks guys, I enjoyed taking photos when I wasn't running an obstacle. There were a couple other people with us taking a ton of photos and they will have more photos to post later on.

Brian, there were a ton of FJ's out there! All the manufacturer's were out in force at BFE for the Peterson press run. If it's this one (http://picasaweb.google.com/DansZJ/Helldorado/photo#5051156476307353538) at the beginning of Helldorado, then the sad thing was it got hung up on this first rock at the beginning of the day and was "parked" there so the buggies could go by. That was my only experience with this green FJ, though there were many in town last week. Oh yeah, one of the last photos from that day shows a Tread Lightly sponsored H2 getting welded on the trail. It snapped it's puny tie rod early on.:eek: No bueno!

Definitely bad ass looking rigs.