PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling same weekend as GSE?

SirFuego
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I was looking at BigDogsOffroad, and they have that the Spring Fling is listed as the same weekend as GSE. I assume the Spring Fling is a general 4x4 trail ride?

The reason I ask is because I've been thinking about doing GSE, but there aren't many other grands in the area for me to convoy down with -- the ones I know of don't get wheeled or they seem to be busy that weekend. If the Spring Fling is there, I'm sure I can get other non-Grands to convoy down with me.

How is this going to affect what trails we run down there? I've never been to a GS event before, so I was curious.

OverkillZJ
04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
GSE is the only GS I know of that piggy-backs on another event (big dogs) - I'm sure you could bring other rigs with you to run with the spring fling crowd.

Bruce - is that right?

Sudz
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
it's one big crowd except for the campsite (we all camped together) and the trail ride - the GSE (The Grey Poupon Gang as we are known down there) line up and head out separately from the rest - but all of the other events are open to everyone

edit: last year my bud tony wheeled with us in his bronco

http://www.the-jersey-devil.com/photopost/data/500/28100_7523-med.JPG

MoonWorks
04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Matt and Sudz...you're both right. Usually the grands will break off in their own groups and get a grands only run. The past couple of years the attendence was low so others would run with us at times if people had friends come with them like in Sudz case with Tony. I've brought friends down myself to run with the grand group. Back in the day there were more than enough grands to be exclusive. Which is what I'm kind of expecting this year with it being the 10th anni.

SirFuego
04-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get some interested parties to convoy down.

bruce
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
All that is said above is correct. GSE is held within the "Spring Fling" We will run the Grands seperately for the other 120+ vehicles that normally attend the BD events.