PDA

View Full Version : What Track Bar To Run

Jsk8r1
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
So awhile back when i first lifted the ZJ i ordered the front adjustable track bar and drop down bracket through Rustys and for the longest time it held up to everything i threw at it but eventually the part that threads into the actual track bar just snapped and i ended up having to weld a bolt to the piece stuck in the track bar so i could get it out, i ordered another threaded head piece for it which was pretty cheap but it lasted about one trail run before it just bent into a U and eventually broke on the trail. So far i have had to drive home with no front track bar 2 times from the trail and it wasnt to fun. So im just wondering what other people are running. I need something thats strong and wont bend under constant flex on rocks out here in AZ, so any recommendations are appreciated thanks.

jfowlzj95
03-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm running RE's HD Track Bar, I've abussed it pretty well and it hasnt let me down.

Jsk8r1
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Anybody running kevins Track Bar Conversion? If so how do they like it and is it worth it?

Skyline
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Anybody running kevins Track Bar Conversion? If so how do they like it and is it worth it?

I use this with the "Hard Durometer Bushings" he sells. The bar sold with the conversion set up is a JKS bar that is a little bit shorter than the JKS bar sold normally for the ZJ. No complaints. This thing is very beefy, you can not beet JKS quality, and the drop bracket is super strong as well. I would think that I would rip the mount off the axle before doing damage to this thing.

BigDaveZJ
03-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I use this with the "Hard Durometer Bushings" he sells. The bar sold with the conversion set up is a JKS bar that is a little bit shorter than the JKS bar sold normally for the ZJ. No complaints. This thing is very beefy, you can not beet JKS quality, and the drop bracket is super strong as well. I would think that I would rip the mount off the axle before doing damage to this thing.

x2

And definitely get the Super Hard Durometer bushings.

Jim311
03-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I didn't think the super hard bushings we worth the money. I have the JKS/ORGS trackbars and Kevin's drop bracket in the front. The bracket is pretty stout. The rear trackbar rubs on the bolts on my diff cover but otherwise I have no major complaints. I shortened the front bar when I went with the WJ knuckle swap.

ATL ZJ
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I am still running the kevins/JKS bar actually. I have welded the bracket to the framerail and built my own axle side bracket.

Jim311
03-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah, my axle side bracket in the front is 1/4" plate that raises the trackbar mount up off the axle for clearing my crossover steering.