PDA

View Full Version : Can't post in FS forum

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I can start a new thread but cannot post to an existing thread. What gives? I get the typical "User does not have permission because..." error message.

FallstonZJ88
03-15-2007, 04:52 PM
This should clear things up.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/announcement.php?f=&a=1

OverkillZJ
03-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Read the announcement in that forum that says it will no longer be allowed.

The privilege has been abused long enough, we do not have time to babysit people bitching about other peoples for sale threads. Send PM's or email.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Read the announcement in that forum that says it will no longer be allowed.

The privilege has been abused long enough, we do not have time to babysit people bitching about other peoples for sale threads. Send PM's or email.

Just my $0.02, Not allowing replies in the FS forum is a super PITA. People are many times vaque about what they are selling. Discussion should be allowed for asking specific application questions and condition questions. I agree there is alot of BS chit chat in alot of the threads but cutting out discussion altogether is not the right approach IMO.

zj95
03-15-2007, 05:16 PM
i agree with puma...

it sucks that people have to rune it for everybody....

atleast make it part of the MC Supporter capabilitys.. if anything

BigDaveZJ
03-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Just my $0.02, Not allowing replies in the FS forum is a super PITA. People are many times vaque about what they are selling. Discussion should be allowed for asking specific application questions and condition questions. I agree there is alot of BS chit chat in alot of the threads but cutting out discussion altogether is not the right approach IMO.

Moderating the for sale forum to keep things on track is an even bigger PITA. Colorado4x4 went to this setup a couple years ago and things have gotten MUCH better in the for sale forum over there. It just takes too much time to keep up on stuff in the for sale. I had considered also making it so that any new post had to be "approved" by a moderator before it would be posted, but decided that might be going too far for now.

I've heard all of the arguments for why replies should be allowed, and made many of the same arguments myself on CO4x4 a couple years ago. This is also just a trial period as well. I know many people don't like it this way, so you don't need to tell me if you like it or not. I want to evaluate how it goes for a little bit, and then make a more final decision.

Cue-Ball
03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I have to agree with Dave on this one, it will keep it much cleaner if people just PM or email.