PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Canyon, Boulder, CO

Matt
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I hit Carnage Canyon on 3/10/07 with the WY guys and had a lot of fun. Only carnage was a broken bead and a plastic rocker torn off. Was great getting the ZJ out, but as always, need to get it ready for summer.

Not much Grand stuff (couldn't film myself), but still worthy.

PICS:
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/mountainmatt/Carnage%20Boulder%20March%202007/

VID:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROMBI0uRwPw

Mtn WJ
03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Nice trip. Thanks for the post. Believe it or not I have never ran Carnage Canyon Boulder. I am thinking it will be a good spot to try out my LAs in a couple of weeks.

ArloGuthroJeep
03-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Nice vid.

Carnage is great if your dying to find a place to wheel, but it has been so trashed in there it takes away from the enjoyment of wheeling in the mountains in the first place IMHO...

Matt
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
That and the fact that it's one of the few trails that it's close, open in the winter, and offers some good challenges. It's been a couple of years since I've been there and it's actually improved quite a bit. The shooting area by the entrance is still horrible, but the rest is in pretty good shape, lefthand has really changed (or what's left of it). I think it's a good step toward keeping that place open, as long as the shooting area stays isolated and we clean it up. Best I've seen it in the 5 or so times I've been up there, but still has problems.

Keith, let us know when you want to go for a test run. I wouldn't mind going back up there to test some new parts myself.

Matt

Mtn WJ
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I will let you know. I noticed Chinamans is dry as well. I think I will test things out on Carnage because it is a lot closer if I have a problem. I will wait to see how much time it will take to get my Dub ready after I get it back from TnT. I suspect some exhaust work, brake lines and extending my sway bar links. Not too much but we will see. I have not seen my Jeep in over a month and have separation anxiety.

Keith

JohnBoulderCO
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Keith, let me know! I have run Carnage a lot. Not my fav place, but it sure is close, has hard obstacles and can be run pretty quick, if you don't break anything ;). John

ILikeMud
03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Nice pics man, you guys have some great trails down there it looks like.

Matt
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I have not seen my Jeep in over a month and have separation anxiety.

Keith

That's the one and ONLY thing I didn't like about TnT, it took a little longer than expected. I think they had mine a little under 2 mo., but defiantly worth the wait. Not the slowest time of year for them with EJS coming up.