PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Tank Refill near Moab?

Check Book WJ
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Another question/source of info for the GSW bunch.... is there a place to get a OBA CO2 tank refilled that's reasonably convenient and quick, for somebody that may have used up a tank doing trail work with an air wrench, or just didn't have time to refill before they packed up and left for Moab?

John

Matt
03-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Great question, I have no knowledge of one.

BigDaveZJ
03-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I remember similar thread on CO4x4 a while back asking about this. I can't remember the results though and am too lazy to find it. My theory is that with the # of people who have OBA and/or CO2 now, if the whole group runs out, there are much bigger things to worry about than being out of air.

BigDaveZJ
03-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Found the thread: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=8398&highlight=co2+moab

But it's from 5 years ago, so methinks it might be alittle outdated now.

Check Book WJ
03-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks Dave, it's a start. Since nobody has a ready answer so far I might call around at a few 4X4 shops down there and see if they have any answers.

John

BigDaveZJ
03-10-2007, 01:55 AM
You actually bringing the WJ this to year to GSE or are you riding beyotch with Ron again?

Sandy R
03-10-2007, 07:51 AM
There is a place across the street from City Market (or very close) that I used last year. I'm not sure if they refill or just swap for full tanks. Last year they said my tank was too old to refill (I think 7 years) but I don't recall if that's too old to ever refill or just too old to refill it without first testing it. I ended up swapping my empty tank for a full tank and got an extra charge because my tank was too old. Anyway, best bet is to bring a full tank. If by some miracle I find a receipt in the next few months I'll post the name, address and phone and somebody can call to see if they're still in business and if they do onsite refills or just exchanges.

EDIT: Can't find the receipt but maybe medical gas supplies? Just don't remember.

Matt
03-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks Sandy, good to know that there's someone out there. I run lockers off mine, so if I lose CO2, I lose lockers.

Skyline
03-10-2007, 12:00 PM
but I don't recall if that's too old to ever refill or just too old to refill it without first testing it. I ended up swapping my empty tank for a full tank and got an extra charge because my tank was too old. .
All high pressure tanks need to be hydro-tested. A date then gets stamped on the outside. While the chances of a failure might be really, really, slim, the result of a failure can be like a large missile. This refilling rule may be an OSHA regulation I think.

Krash80
03-10-2007, 01:30 PM
This might be a long shot, but if there's a store in Moab that sells paint ball guns they would definitely have CO2 refill capabilities.

Dave-
I think John's coming out there w/ his girlfriend and renting a heep, and I think my sister might be riding shotty with me.

BigDaveZJ
03-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Dave-
I think John's coming out there w/ his girlfriend and renting a heep, and I think my sister might be riding shotty with me.

But your waiver says Pam's riding with you??? :smt118

Krash80
03-11-2007, 11:32 AM
But your waiver says Pam's riding with you??? :smt118

I've been meaning to tell you... Pam IS my sister.

Hmmm, maybe I should stop hitting on her.
Nah...ILF hunter I shall remain.:smt081

Check Book WJ
03-19-2007, 06:55 PM
FOUND A PLACE!!

I talked to the guys at 4X4 Outpost, and they said that there's a place close by called GRAND RENTAL CENTER that I called , and they can refill bottles at a reasonable cost and usually within 30 minutes or less depending on how busy they are ( $15 for a 10 Lb bottle , but call first to double check if you are interested), they open at 8AM M-F, close at 5PM M-F, but close at NOON on SATURDAYS

The address is 1831 S Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532, the Phone # is (435) 259-6976 and here's a link to a Yellowpages Webpage Listing with a map if needed....

http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/moreinfo/index.jsp?id=5837744&q=Grand%20Rental

John

SCAMPER ZJ
06-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for making it easy! I can remember GRAND rental center. :D

JohnBoulderCO
06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Stan, don't let them over fill it! :)