PDA

View Full Version : Welding How to...

TheCompound
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Before someone Flames me:smt070, YES I have done some welding and No I dont have time to take another welding class. So my question is does anyone know of any welding How To book or Reference guides??
-TheCompound

ILikeMud
03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Personally I got some pointers in school and then just started messing around with the welder welding random shit together.

ATL ZJ
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Lincoln and Miller both have welding guides available online. Other than that, check out your local bookstore.

hkszx2
03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Or check your local library , i found a good book on welding tubing there

jfowlzj95
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I got some of my books from Barnes & Noble, Haynes has a decent welding manual.

Skyline
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I would recommend the Monster Garage book "How to Weld Just About Anything"

While the show is pretty nuts at times, this is a true no-nonsense guide of every different type of welding, and it appears that Jesse James had absolutely nothing to do with its authorship.

I was really looking to get a MIG welder at some point, but as the author is an aircraft welder, it really left me wanting a TIG machine!

jfowlzj95
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I would recommend the Monster Garage book "How to Weld Damn Near Anything"

While the show is pretty nuts at times, this is a true no-nonsense guide of every different type of welding, and it appears that Jesse James had absolutely nothing to do with its authorship.

I was really looking to get a MIG welder at some point, but as the author is an aircraft welder, it really left me wanting a TIG machine!

Fixed. :D Yeah I got that one too for a discount along with the Haynes, some good stuff to help out a beginner.

slim616
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
lowes and home cheapo carry a how to book thats in with the welding stuff.

K2
05-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I would recommend the Monster Garage book "How to Weld Just About Anything"

TIG is awesome, however, it adds a lot more heat. That will make it harder to keep your parts from warping. I would love a TIG, but I am going to get a MIG first.

TheCompound
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I have heard TIG is great but for this beginner I have no complaints about my MIG.
-TheCompound