PDA

View Full Version : shamrock ride at morris mtn

ATL ZJ
02-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Southeast guys, who's going? We are gonna be there with some of the GSSE crowd. For those that don't know it's March 16-18, at MMORV just outside Anniston AL. Word is they're expecting 400+ rigs, hope there's room for us all. It will be my first time at morris mtn, can't wait..

nickzj08
02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I should be there.

Pearce
02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
400 rigs, are you crazy! Good luck with that, let me know how it is becuase I want to try the place out, but 400 rigs thats just too many.

northgazj
02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
I was there last year for a benefit ride where there were 125 rigs and it felt crowded. I hope it works out. There are multiple "playgrounds" within the park that will challenge any size vehicle.

ATL ZJ
02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
From what I hear, the park is setup a little different than tellico in that it isn't so dependent on just a couple trails for access to everything else. Maybe that will help with traffic jams. Also I hear they may be opening a couple new trails by then. I'll be getting there during the day on Thursday to set up camp so maybe it won't be too crowded before saturday.

Hopefully this won't turn into a spring dixie run. I'm willing to wait in line a little but not all day..

Pearce
02-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I hear ya Cam. Last time Bryan and I went to Tellico we were 12th in line to do School Bus. We waited till about 1:00 and said screw it. Drove back down and did Upper 2 with no lines. Did I mention the ledge on Upper 2 may be more of a challenge than Lower. Its always nice to get out of Tellico in the daylight.

goodolboy71
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
From what I hear, the park is setup a little different than tellico in that it isn't so dependent on just a couple trails for access to everything else. Maybe that will help with traffic jams. Also I hear they may be opening a couple new trails by then. I'll be getting there during the day on Thursday to set up camp so maybe it won't be too crowded before saturday.

Hopefully this won't turn into a spring dixie run. I'm willing to wait in line a little but not all day..

I hate to say it but its gonna be a wait for everyone....we were there last month with at most 30 rigs, and i cant imagine the lines its gonna be with 400 plus.....There are alot of trails spread out, but if folks are backed up waiting on another one its just gonna compound on it...that being said we are still planin on being there:D...

MUDDTRACKS
03-13-2007, 03:32 AM
hey cam you still going to this Im riding up with some buddy's of mine on thursday. But im riding it out in a yj bitch seat.

zjeepin
03-13-2007, 10:32 AM
you guys suck

ATL ZJ
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
hey cam you still going to this Im riding up with some buddy's of mine on thursday. But im riding it out in a yj bitch seat.

Hell yeah we will be the guys camping in the ugly ass yellow tent with a white FJ40, a red dovenosed, dovetailed s10, a black and silver zuk, and my zjuggything.. drop by and have a beer or say hey if you see us on the trails. Most of our group will be rolling in thursday late afternoon..

trey- beula, spodie, AND don's trailer have all been asking me when they get to go wheeling again :D

zjeepin
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=ATL ZJ;134804]Hell yeah we will be the guys camping in the ugly ass yellow tent with a white FJ40, a red dovenosed, dovetailed s10, a black and silver zuk, and my zjuggything.. drop by and have a beer or say hey if you see us on the trails. Most of our group will be rolling in thursday late afternoon..

trey- beula, spodie, AND don's trailer have all been asking me when they get to go wheeling again :D[/QUOTE

well i've got work scheduled 8 days a week for the next month so beula will be getting some attention