PDA

View Full Version : MIG machine help?!!

Nopetrol
02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I have a small MIG machine I use for projects with a new problem. The feed and lead is apx 6 feet long, somewhere in that the wire is snapped off inside the wire feed tube. Is there a trick to getin g it out, or do I have to buy a new section of feed tube and re-run it through the lead? I can't see it or reach it from either end of the feed tube. Any help would be appreciated.

indy242003
02-10-2007, 09:13 PM
You can buy a new liner from most welding shops. I've done this before myself. Buying a new liner is about the only good way to fix this.

Nopetrol
02-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Kinda what I figured. I had someone tell me to try to push it through using a thicker diameter wire, but it's jammed in there prety good. It might be a good idea to replace the liner anyway, might have kink or a flat spot in it. Thanks.

sparx
02-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree definetly replace it it isnt to pricy. Even if you did get it through every time you change wire size or stainless aluminum ect you will have to deal with this same proublem it isnt worth the headache

Kraqa
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
set your self up to the reality that you need a new liner. then force a new wire throught the whip and hop eit pushes the broken peice out with otu damaging it. if it works you saved yoruseft 100$. if it doesn't then at least you tried,