PDA

View Full Version : AGR power steering pump

jeepinchiro
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
So, I got this killer deal on a 10,500 lbs hydraulic milemarker winch. I installed it on my TJ with the 4.0. My power steering worked fine before the install and now it is whining like a virgin on prom night. I can not get the thing to shut up. I have bled the sytem 3 times and have checked and double checked the lines. I am now thinking of upgrading to the AGR pump but I want to know the opinion about them that is out there. Not everyone ag reed with my opinion of the FlowKooler so I am checking with you guys first this time. Also, do you think the AGR is something that I need? I have read that the winch can operate off the stock pump, but at 132,000 miles, I think my pump may have kicked the bucket. What do you guys think?? :smt021

MoonWorks
02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
What would your installing a winch have anything to do with your ps pump? I don't see the connection there. Anyway, I would look at a PSC pump vs an AGR pump if I was looking. This is not from personal experience but from research I've started to do for my upcoming swap.

Cue-Ball
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
What would your installing a winch have anything to do with your ps pump?

Because it is a hydrawulic winch that runs off the ps pump.

jsteves
02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
What would your installing a winch have anything to do with your ps pump? I don't see the connection there. Anyway, I would look at a PSC pump vs an AGR pump if I was looking. This is not from personal experience but from research I've started to do for my upcoming swap.

YIKES...anyway, with 137k on it, I would look at replacing it. AGR, PSC...either one should be good, as usual, I would avoid a cheap parts store unit.

jeepinchiro
02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am lookin at both the PSC and AGR. Do they both install the same? I am under the impression that you need a new resevior with the PSC, and you reuse the stock one with the AGR. I would also like to know the stock specs of the stock pump. Anyone out there have those, hahaha! The winch needs 1500 PSI and I am sure the more GPH's the better.

MoonWorks
02-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Because it is a hydrawulic winch that runs off the ps pump.

AH...thanks. :)

canadian_driver
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
id say go with PSC, ive got it, runs great, u dont need the external resivoir.