PDA

View Full Version : Moab Rim & Rose Garden Hill Attempt - Jan06

PassRunnerZJ
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
A small group of us from the Grand Mesa Jeep Club made a run to Moab last weekend to try Moab Rim and Rose Garden Hill. Of course none of us had done it before, but with enough web-wheeling we figured we could do it. Here are a few pictures, more to follow along with more information.

It was a great weekend, a little exciting at times until we figured out the lines as well.

PassRunnerZJ
01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Here is the link for the Album:

http://www.imagestation.com/6457558/3940672696

It is Image Station and I don't know if you will have to have a login...

jeepinkeller
01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
sweet pics man, im jealuos

Cody
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
how did you do on rose garden?

did you just come down it?

PassRunnerZJ
01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
We got the Unlimited AEV Rubicon on 35's up, but had to winch it up the tall ledge as his rear control arms kept hanging up on break over, that and the stepness of the hill. By the time we got him up and started working on the Rubi with 33's the frozen mud became unfrozen and couldn't even get him up the bottom third as he kept sliding onto an axle catching rock that we couldn't get over or around.

So we called it and brought the Unlimited down and went back out Onion Creek road, which had also thawed so it was like snot coming out and some of the turns required all of a driver's attention as the penalty for a mistake was high. We had to stack rocks beside the rock that stopped the other Rubi to get the Unlimited down as the mud kept causing it to slide down and hang on the LCA joint.

I think if we could have gotten the other Rubi up the first part to the shade and snow we would have been OK. But we also had a TJ on 35's that was open on both ends and that was the one we were concerned about on the big ledge. If there would have been snow on the lower section or it would have been cloudy I think we could have made it and strapped others up the ledge if needed.

This is a really long hill with many obsticles going up and the steepness doesn't give you any room to reapproch things that you don't get right the first time.

We are going to give it a try again after the snow melts and it drys out in a few months.

Cody
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
if it was wet I'm sure it wouldn't have been fun. mud sucks