PDA

View Full Version : Installing heated seats

Jim311
12-08-2006, 12:22 PM
So my heater core took a shit on me, and to be honest spending the 8 hours to install a new one doesn't sound like much fun, so I was looking at just bypassing the core and putting in some heated seats instead to keep the girlfriend from bitching. Have any of you installed some aftermarket heaters, and if so who sells the cheapest and most complete kits? I thought about trying to jack some from the junkyard but they never have that kinda shit there. Ebay has a 2 seat kit (don't care about the rear passengers) for 150 bucks or so. Unknown quality, but with a 3 year manuf. warranty. Advice?

redzj
12-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Heated seats are no replacement for heat but they are nice. DOn't buy them from a junkyard Zj cause they probably don't work anyway!

MUDDTRACKS
12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Stop being lazy and fix the heater core.

I can help if you want

PassRunnerZJ
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
You might want it for the defroster, oh wait you're in FL it never gets cold down there. Anyway, you should fix the heater core and if you want to do some heated seats too, you should pickup some of the aftermarket ones that run off of 12volts and install them between the foam and seat cover and install a switch.

Jim311
12-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Stop being lazy and fix the heater core.

I can help if you want

I might end up doing both I guess. The heat still works, it just smells funny. :smt108

MUDDTRACKS
12-09-2006, 12:53 AM
spray some lysol(sp) in the intake for the heat/ac will help with the moldy smell.

As for florida not getting cold. It's sapose to drop around 30 tonight

nate
12-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Ooooohhhh... 30*. Better throw some more wood in the stove :smt082

My brother said it's ~-5* right now back home (Maine). Hell yeah.. I can't wait to leave Idaho for a few weeks for some snow and normal weather!