PDA

View Full Version : Shop Upgrade... Commode

AprilzWarrior
11-27-2006, 02:42 AM
I had a really old generator that was FULL of Copper, and with recycling is through the roof and KAA CHING, instant Commode.

http://fototime.com/02EB971D87EF2A2/standard.jpg
http://fototime.com/03BB061E5B43F80/standard.jpg
http://fototime.com/937D555353F32AE/standard.jpg

Plenty of room to relax and read...
http://fototime.com/801FD2F32A025F5/standard.jpg

and the real reason for the potty...
http://fototime.com/577039ED98CFE9E/standard.jpg

Its got...
4" ABS drain, into a septic, leach system lots of drain rock.
1/2" water supply with WICKED pressure.
Flooring is over kill with 4"x8" girders, and 3/4" floor.

I also pre-plumbed in water for a indoor sink next to the Jon, left of the crapper, outside of the room.

It will be fully framed, I have all wood door and bath window for light/air. Sheet rocked inside and out with insulation.

I plan on adding a timer for light/fan.

This might seem pointless to some, but my shop sits on 80acres with no toilets around... and we all know how well that works. Being a good dad, my little boy DOESNT like diapers anymore, and now he wont need one at the shop anymore. YAAAAA

All work was done Saturday night, and will be finished next saturday. So stay tuned.

*EDIT*
Dimensions are 4.5'x7'

AW

OverkillZJ
11-27-2006, 10:33 AM
LMFAO

ILikeMud
11-27-2006, 10:52 AM
No more pissin in the bush for you.

Cue-Ball
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Awesome AW, it's about time!!!!!!

hahaha

wonder371
11-27-2006, 07:31 PM
i had to take a shit once out there... i was speeding like crazy to get home (40 miles or so from AW's shop)

nate
11-27-2006, 09:07 PM
That's why I keep TP or paper towels in the rigs. If I have to poop, I haul it off the road and find a bush.

AprilzWarrior
11-27-2006, 09:24 PM
That's why I keep TP or paper towels in the rigs. If I have to poop, I haul it off the road and find a bush.

Not a bush in site at my place.... AT BEST you could hope for a shovel and darkness !!!!!!!!!! LOL

Krash80
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
You need a dana 30 urinal next to the shitter.

AprilzWarrior
11-28-2006, 12:41 AM
You need a dana 30 urinal next to the shitter.

OMG... I would have, except too hard to keep clean.

Thats got me thinking... I want to decorate the shop over this winter with old parts, hub caps, metal signs, etc etc...

nate
11-28-2006, 01:08 AM
I take it your shop it heated 24/7 AW? or does it not get cold enough to freeze the pipes? Looks like that building isn't insulated, reason I was wondering.

and copper prices are stupid right now. My brother works for Smith and Wesson and was telling me the price they paid for an A/C system that was using large copper piping. Like 1 elbow was $95!

You need to get your boy a stepping stool or something... though I feel like that at work cause we have one of those 3 foot tall handicapped shitters. I'm 5'11" and my feet dangle when I sit on it

AprilzWarrior
11-28-2006, 01:35 AM
I take it your shop it heated 24/7 AW? or does it not get cold enough to freeze the pipes? Looks like that building isn't insulated, reason I was wondering.

You need to get your boy a stepping stool or something... though I feel like that at work cause we have one of those 3 foot tall handicapped shitters. I'm 5'11" and my feet dangle when I sit on it

Well... I have a pellet stove, but not 24/7, I have to wrap the pipes this weekend too... add to TODO list !

Stairs to the bath are yet to be made, but my boy got up on the toilet by himself... maybe Ill get him a small step stool. (good point)

:smt023

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-28-2006, 07:58 PM
in our old garage we drilled a hole in the wall and angled a funnel in it. ghetto, but no one complained (unless they needed to do a #2, lol).

AprilzWarrior
12-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Well since my axle swap project came to a screeching hault Ive been spending time on the other projects...

got some more sheetrock done... I suck at sheetrock...
http://fototime.com/0D3E350D285118A/standard.jpg

To do list...
front steps
sheetrock inside
add light/fan and switch (have all parts just no time)
build toilet paper holder... got a sick idea.... (again no time)

nate
12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
A tip: when you put sheetrock near a door or window, don't do like you did and run the seam with the jam. Instead the seam should be over the middle of the door. Less chance for the joint to crack. At least that's what I've always been told and have done.

Also useing a crapload of scraps like you did, yeah it saves on sheetrock, but it's like 2x the cost on mud and tape.. and hard to make look even. Try to use a full sheet when you can. Only time I use little pieces like that is on the inside of a closet or somewhere people won't really notice if it's a bit wavy.

I don't mind putting out sheetrock, though ceilings can be a pain without the right equipment. I hate, and suck at, tape and mud.

AprilzWarrior
12-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Good tips...

I did an addition to my old house years ago and the sheetrock came out flawless, I even did a textured finish. I would have liked the have the new "office" to be more smooth, but its a shop its perfect IMO. No tape either, it "might" get mud, and my brother inlaw want to flame the bottom of it up the walls !

AW

HuskerZJ
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Thats cool, and its definitely something you'll use every day. Unlike something silly like a welder or jack stands.

TrojanMan
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
You should use wheel bearings on the toilet paper holder so that when you pull for paper it's like a game show to see when the roll will end:cheer:

AprilzWarrior
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
You should use wheel bearings on the toilet paper holder so that when you pull for paper it's like a game show to see when the roll will end:cheer:

Making that ticking sound like wheel of fortune ? LOL

TrojanMan
12-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Making that ticking sound like wheel of fortune ? LOL

Haha yeah you can put little pegs on it and make it tick... use some mig wire:smt043

violatedppl
12-14-2006, 03:18 AM
I love the window idea on a bathroom thats inside.Only thing I see wrong, that window makes a good escape hatch for bad smells. and thats going to one cold fkn seat come jan.

how about put stuff that youve broken on the walls, like a trophyroom of broken shit.

nate
12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I remember using a porta potty somewhere on the ALCAN when it was -23*.

AprilzWarrior
12-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I love the window idea on a bathroom thats inside.Only thing I see wrong, that window makes a good escape hatch for bad smells. and thats going to one cold fkn seat come jan.

how about put stuff that youve broken on the walls, like a trophyroom of broken shit.

Its been in the 20*s in Livermore that last few weeks and its still comfortable in the room. Its all insulated, so will the floor and ceiling ! Plus the fan/light still has to go in...

nate
12-14-2006, 03:01 PM
You know what you could do as well is put a little electric heater in there.

AprilzWarrior
12-14-2006, 11:38 PM
You know what you could do as well is put a little electric heater in there.

There are 2 oulets inside and 4 outside so thats not a problem... Not to mention there is a Pellet Stove heater to the right of it as well...

violatedppl
12-15-2006, 03:42 AM
uhm a fan, so the whole shop could smell like ass, or is the fan going to vent outside?

AprilzWarrior
12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
uhm a fan, so the whole shop could smell like ass, or is the fan going to vent outside?

I guess youve never seen a bathroom fan... its got a small 3-4" pipe that leads outside or into an attic or whatever you wish.

ILikeMud
12-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I guess youve never seen a bathroom fan... its got a small 3-4" pipe that leads outside or into an attic or whatever you wish.

The one in my basement leads to the laundry room:butthead:

CurtP
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM

In both my last and current houses I've been ran out of the attic because the bathroom vents terminate there. I don't care what any of them say, women's shit stinks too :smt095

And why the fuck does she have to go take a shit when I'm working in the damn attic?