PDA

View Full Version : aluminum dash trim kits...

bigrubbers4x4
11-05-2006, 01:33 AM
i am looking for either stainless steel or a brushed aluminum dask kit for my 98 5.9. if someone knows where i can find one please hook me up with a link and some photos of how yours looks. i did a search but came up empty on here.

wonder371
11-05-2006, 06:28 PM
i know you can get ones for WJs at Wjjeeps.com (email = wjjeeps@yahoo.com)

Maybe he can get ZJ ones too...?

CurtP
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
i did a search but came up empty on here.
That's because we don't give a fuck about that kind of shit. Did you try JU, JF or even Google? It took me about 2 seconds to find a kit.

DJJordache
11-05-2006, 07:55 PM
:smt082:smt082:smt082 I was waiting for Curts response to this LOL! seriously go to ebay or JU for that stuff

bigrubbers4x4
11-06-2006, 01:28 AM
thanks for the help, i did do a search on google and couldnt find any with good photos.

hey curt, i enjoy all 3 of my grand cherokees and thought i might dress up the interior of my 5.9 a little bit, thats not a crime.

the whole reason for asking on these boards is for anyone else that may have dressed up their dash a little bit, or to offer their help to a fellow jeeper if they know where to find what you are looking for.

not to have someone that has no interest of what you asked, to give you a stupid answer to the question you just asked. you might not "give a fuck" but there are some of us out here that like one that looks nice as well, especially when its a 5.9L.

so basically if you dont have an answer that can help me, STFU and dont reply to my post. its that easy.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
11-06-2006, 01:45 AM
you could always sand down the fake plastic wooden pieces and paint them with a few coats of silver. I know someone that once did that. He's a cool guy. I wish I were more like him.

bigrubbers4x4
11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
here is something i found so far on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170047124954&fromMakeTrack=true

hkszx2
11-08-2006, 06:14 AM
the reason curt got on your shit it cuz he is right most people on here dont care about that stuff... hell id venture to say 60 percent dont even have interiors anymore and the rest, well the most interior work they do is a little armorall or other cleaner once inawhile ... but just so im not a total treadjacker http://www.wooddash.com/item/JEEP_Dash_Kits_GRANDCHEROKEE_1992_95

spykosshow
11-08-2006, 12:37 PM
you could always sand down the fake plastic wooden pieces and paint them with a few coats of silver. I know someone that once did that. He's a cool guy. I wish I were more like him.

THAT guy?? Damn, he's annoying.

:D

I have seen puma's dash and it really looks halfway decent. Looks pro.

NAFTEL
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
curt is an ass - he raged at me over something minor before too (some non jeep related thread i think) but he does have a point that there is very little interest in dressing up the interior on this board.

CurtP
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm an ass for pointing out the obvious - which usually means somone only did a half-ass search (or more than likely, didn't bother doing a search at all). It took me literally two seconds on Google to find a bunch of places offering those shitty things.

Some of you whiny pussies need to get a thicker skin. If you can't handle me giving just a little bit of shit, then some of the other guys on this board will really stuff sand in your vaginas.

bigrubbers4x4
11-10-2006, 03:34 AM
curt i have been on this board since it began, so i know how bad these guys can flame people. especially dave and matt. i have an off road grand that is just for woods purposes, so i know about how they get all mared up and nobody has interests in the dash trim kits cause they would be a waste of money in that particular rig. i guess a should have been more specific and directed my question to the people with street grand cherokees then, huh?

"whiny pussies" well just cause some young billy badass said so i guess, why not. trust me pal, my skin is pretty thick, i'm a veteran. when you get older you will get tired of the people not willing to help, just putting in their opinions and not just letting the people who may know the answer, answer the question.

for your info i did a search and found alot of them as well, what i was trying to do was find out where they bought theirs from, and if they were happy with them, and if they would recommend them.

i knew there would be very little interest on this subject on this board, but almost all of these people have grand cherokees dont they? (accept matts buddy from pittsburgh with the tj) out of all the grand cherokee forums that are out there i hang on this one the most, i just dont post alot. i read more than anything, where better to ask a grand cherokee related question, but on a grand cherokee forum board. and like i stated before this is the one i am on most of the time, cause i wheel like they do.

DJJordache
11-10-2006, 09:41 AM
first thing IBTL:D
We probably have all had mods at one point and time that could be termed ricey and I'd rather not admit it but back in the day I had lighted pedals, blue headlights, then yellow headlights, and even had a exhaust flamethrower that could shoot 10 foot fireballs:eek: but then I saw the light and got rid of that kinda stuff. just b/c I don't want it anymore doesn't mean that other people might not, every one has their own opinion of what looks good. I gotta admit my mom has one of these dash trim kits on her Durango that was on it before we got it but it's the wood one and it actually doesn't look too bad.

2drezq
11-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I suppose this would be a bad time to post pics of my carbon-fiber veneer dash overlay?

bigrubbers4x4
11-10-2006, 11:10 PM
please, feel free to post some pics. that was the reason i started this thread.
i for one would love to see some pics of different dash trims.

2drezq
11-11-2006, 04:13 PM
please, feel free to post some pics. that was the reason i started this thread.
i for one would love to see some pics of different dash trims.
I'll see if I can get my old digital camera working again...

AgitatedPancake
11-11-2006, 04:54 PM
... I'd rather not admit it but back in the day I had lighted pedals, ...

Whats wrong with lighted pedals? LOL. They look sick in my dub :cheer2: :cheer2: :D

aresridingflat
11-11-2006, 05:17 PM
If you can't handle me giving just a little bit of shit, then some of the other guys on this board will really stuff sand in your vaginas.

But you can get rich selling the pearls you make that way...

...maybe